Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life Lessons with God

Over the past year God has taught me so much about myself, about Him and also about His perfect plan. It’s been a year where I have never felt any closer to God and also a year where I’ve never felt further away from Him. Odd I know. This past year has been wonderful and amazing, yet it’s been full of stress, worry and pain as well. As a mom to a toddler, my days are constantly filled with excitement however; I worry about my little boy all the time. Since getting his diagnosis in October of last year, I’ve had many mornings where I struggled getting out of bed. I constantly questioned God “Why” because Autism was never a part of my life plan. But as soon as I said “Why”, God responded with “Because I Love You”. It’s taken me weeks and months to finally accept that my plan was not perfect for our family, but that His plan is far greater than any plan we could have ever imagined. Yes, there are hard days but there are many more days that are as wonderful as you could imagine.

Over the past month, Colton has learned so many new words and we are seeing God’s wonderful plan for our precious little boy unfold every day. He is communicating so much better and he actually told me the other day, “Bye, See you Soon Mom”.

My prayer today is that no matter what you are going through that you will see that God’s plan is much greater than anything you could possibly imagine. Here are a few of my favorite verses that I wrote down a few years ago. God knew that one day I would need them to encourage me through my daily walk and I hope that they will encourage you today as well.

“My thoughts are completely difference from yours”, declares the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine”. Isaiah 55:8

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declare the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity.” Jeremiah 29:11-14

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light” Matthew 11:28-30

0 comments: