I'm ashamed to say that Colton doesn't have the greatest eating habits. He was a great eater when he was a baby but sometime around 15 months, he became a very picky eater. He will pretty much eat only the following foods: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Fish Sticks, Chicken Tenders (occasionally), Mandarin Oranges, Yogurt, Peanut Butter Crackers, Pineapple, Enchiladas (from Taco Casa), Cheese Puffs, Goldfish Crackers, French Fries, Applesauce, and Sweets! (He loves Oatmeal Pies and Oreos.. haha)
The child won't eat any vegetables and he will gag if you try to feed him anything that he is not used to eating. Most nights, he hardly eats anything, because I try not to fix him anything special because I want him to eat what we are eating. However, he is very stubborn and most of the time he refuses to eat. I hope this is just a stage and that he will start eating more soon.
He does drink a ton of milk, so at least he is getting some nutrients. Any suggestions on getting him to eat more??
Daddy finally got him to try some chips the other day and he loved them.






2 comments:
Tara, Calvin is starting to be the same way. He used to eat everything in sight, and tons of it, but is starting to be a little pickier.
Maybe try pureeing up some vegetables and add them to spaghetti sauce or cheese sauce for pasta. Calvin also loves beans, which are a great source of protein. He loves hummus with celery sticks too. What about yogurt? Can you try adding some pureed fruits or veggies to plain yogurt? Or maybe offer him pancakes or waffles with berries and nuts in them.
I'm like you, I don't fix Calvin anything special because I don't want him to expect it. It's hard when they don't eat, but I'm sure it's just a phase.
Good luck!
Good luck adding vegetables to Colton's diet. I really hope you have more luck than I did with our 2. Even at 22 and 16 I can't remember a vegetable passing their lips since they were 2. Ross did rarely eat a piece of celery and Patrick, well I gave up. But when you go the pediatrician and they grow to over 6 feet tall and aren't overweight, he just shrugs his shoulders.
There is an emerging market in the food industry for adding vegatables to foods and of course all of the cute ways to decorate sandwiches and other foods to make them fun. I hope that will help. The only success I have had (not really me) is Ross' fiancee' will admonish him to the point he will eat an occassional salad if she is with him! The power of love! Ha ha!
Post a Comment