2 Years, 2 Months Old
The two's are challenging but rewarding at the same time!
Highlights from the past month:
- His favorite toys this past month: Cars, Trucks and his race track at Big Daddy and Nana's house.
- His favorite cartoons this month: Toy Story, Dinosaur Train, Backyardigans
- His favorite foods this month: Chick fil A Hashbrowns, Applesauce, French Fries, Tortilla Chips, Cheese Puffs, and Enchiladas (Taco Casa), Popsicles
- His favorite activities: Playing with his trucks and cars, putting puzzles together and reading books.
- Favorite Books this Month: Llama Llama Red Pajama, Toy Story and picture books
- Babbling ALL the time!!! He is starting to say a few words now that we can understand: "bye", "uice" (juice), "orsie" (Horsie), "duzz" (Buzz), chips
- He continues to be a smart little boy!! He can pretty much figure anything out the first time you hand him something.
- Loves to swim!!! He is not afraid of the water at all and will swim right to someone in the shallow end. He loves to swim around with his Toy Story floaty and jump off the side when you count to 3.
- Still taking speech and special instructions class and is doing great.
- Likes to help Nana water her flowers in the backyard.
- He loves the following songs: Itsy Bitsy Spider, ABC's, If You're Happy and You Know It, Old McDonald, Little Indians, The Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Love Me and Zacheus . (He loves to do the motions to all the songs)
- Took swimming lessons this month. However, we only made it to 2 classes because he strated running a fever after those first 2 and didn't make it back the rest of the week. Coach Anne was great with him though.
- He still loves his bedtime routine and he gets so excited when we tell him it’s time for bed. He really thinks he is a big boy!! He is currently still in his crib, but we're hoping to move him to a big boy bed soon. He also does great at nap time as well. We've been putting him in the crib after lunch and he usually falls right to sleep and takes about a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.
- When I tell Colton it's time to go bye bye, he will try to find Millie and will just start babbling to her and will wave bye bye. "Bye Mil" He loves to give her kisses and to pat her on the head.
- Weighs Approximately 35 pounds
- Wears a size 6 Diaper.
- He wears 2T and 3T clothing and wears a size 6W shoe. (mainly 3T clothing)
- His Daily Schedule: Wake up around 6:45am, Breakfast @ 8am, Plays and watching cartoons, lunch around noon, Nap Time until maybe 3pm, Dinner around 6pm, Bath Time @ 7:30pm, and Bedtime @ 8:00pm.
Colton,
You're 26 months old now and you are growing up way too fast for mommy and daddy! Some days I wish the time would stand still so that I could enjoy each and every second with you, however I have loved watching you over the past few weeks as you explore new things each and every day. You are a very energetic, brave, sweet, funny and adorable little boy! You never slow down (which keeps mommy and daddy busy all the time), you love to explore everything and you have no fear in your bones at all. You are everything I imagined a little boy to be! Within the last few weeks you have grown up so fast. You now will help mommy change your clothes (you're such a big helper) and you love to pick out your clothes to wear. If there is a Toy Story outfit in the options, you're going to pick it over all the other clothes. You adore Buzz and Woody! You are communicating great these days, however you still get frustrated every now and then. It's okay though, because you're learning each and every day and we're so proud of your accomplishments so far. You're still a mommy's boy, which I love, but you and daddy are best buds! I hope and pray that you two will always be the best of friends. You have such a great daddy who simply adores you and loves you so much! You're so blessed to have a daddy that not only loves you, and your mommy but also the Lord. I pray that you will be the same kind of daddy when you have kids some day. Colton, I love you so much and I am loving chasing you around the house, cleaning up all the messes you make and holding you in my arms. I know it's not going to be this way forever, but I'm going to cherish each second of it while it lasts. Love you soooo much!!
Mommy







1 comments:
Awwwwwww how adorable!!! Tera, the letter to him almost made me cry. For real! That's so sweet. And I love how you've designed your blog!
Post a Comment