Monday, April 11, 2011

God Is Faithful

It was so nice to go to Sunday School yesterday because I haven’t been able to go the past few weeks because of Colton being sick and keeping the nursery one Sunday morning. Oh how glad I am that I was able to go yesterday! Yesterday, I truly believe the lesson was written just for me….

Last year was a stressful and an emotional roller coaster for myself. I had a hard time dealing with Colton’s diagnosis and as a mom, I constantly worried about him. At times I questioned God and I never could understand why we were going through this situation. It was not what I had plan for my life and I was upset and discouraged. I put on a strong face most of the time because I knew I had to be strong for not only myself but also for Colton. Day after day, I finally realized that God never left us and that He was walking with us all each step of the way, even though it was in a valley. He had a plan far greater than my plan and it was just going to take some time to understand it. Our lesson yesterday at church, was on how God is always faithful even in those valleys. Yes, it may seem like we can’t make it through another day, but God will never leave us and He is faithful!!

Here is the scripture that we read:

“I will rejoice and be glad in Your faithful love because You have seen my affliction. You have known the troubles of my life and have not handed me over to the enemy. You have set my feet in a spacious place. Be gracious to me, Lord, because I am in distress; my eyes are worn out from angry sorrow- my whole being as well. Indeed, my life is consumed with grief and my years with groaning; my strength has failed because of my sinfulness and my bones waste away.
(Psalm 31: 7-10)

But I trust in You, Lord; I say, “You are my God.” The course of my life is in Your power; deliver me from the power of my enemies and from my persecutors. Show Your favor to Your servant; save me by Your Faithful love.
(Psalm 31: 14-16)

May the Lord be praised, for He has wonderfully shown His faithful love to me in a city under siege. In my alarm I had said, “I am cut off from Your sight.” But You heard the sound of my pleading when I cried to You for help. Love the Lord, all His faithful ones. The Lord protects the loyal, but fully repays the arrogant. Be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord.
(Psalm 31: 21-24)

There was also a quote in the booklet from a lady who had a rough year and she put the following: “I still grieve all of these things almost everyday and question why He has allowed this to happen to me. But I have to remember there has to be a plan; otherwise I’d be tempted to walk away for good. And what I’ve suffered is nothing compared to Christ’s suffering”.

So, if you’re going through a valley right now, don’t forget that God is Faithful and that He will never leave you. We will have to walk through the valley at times, but before long, we will be on that mountain top!

0 comments: