I currently follow a few blogs and one of my favorite ones started a weekly series on praying at the beginning of the year. I absolutely love it, because it helps you to focus on a certain topic one week at a time and every week she uses scripture that goes with that week’s topic.
Here is her program and the program that I will be following the rest of the year. (I think it will be neat to look back on the past year and see what I have learned through my prayer time). I hope others out there will be encouraged as well and would love to know what you think about it.
1. Choose your topic/scripture for each week at the beginning of the month and write these in your weekly calendar.
2. During your daily prayer time pay special attention to the topic/scripture that was chosen for that week.
3. At the end of the week, journal how God spoke to you throughout the week through the specific topic/scripture.
Topics:
My children {Colton & baby Whitaker}:
for peace (Exodus 23:20, Philippians 4:7)
to trust (Proverbs 3:5-6)
to know Jesus Christ (3 John 4)
their future (Isaiah 58:11)
their faith (Hebrews 11)
their spouses (Genesis 2:18)
their happiness (Proverbs 15:13, Gen 21:6)
their friends (Proverbs 18:24)
taking correction (Proverbs 29:17)
their minds (Colossians 3:2)
their ears (James 1:19)
their eyes (1 Corinthians 2:9)
their hearts (Psalm 119:11, Jeremiah 24:7)
their hands (1 Chronicles 29:12)
their feet (Joshua 14:9, 22:5)
My husband {Chris}:
his job (Psalm 90:17)
as a provider (Philippians 4:19)
his temptations (James 1:13-15)
his purpose (1 Corinthians 7:17)
his health (Psalm 91:14-16)
as a Daddy (Proverbs 17:6)
his friendships (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)
his attitude (Psalm 100:4)
his relationship with God (Ephesians 4:1-2)
his self-image (2 Corinthians 3:18)
Me:
as a wife (Hebrews 10:24, Proverbs 21:9)
as a Mommy (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Proverbs 31:28)
for rest (Matthew 11:28)
my friendships (Proverbs 17:17)
to take advice when I should (Proverbs 19:20)
as a housewife (Colossians 3:23)
Our Family:
our plans (Proverbs 19:21, Jeremiah 29:11)
for Chris & I as parents: (Deuteronomy 6:5-9, Proverbs 22:6)
our marriage (Ephesians 5:21)
our fears (Psalm 27:1)
as witnesses (Acts 1:8)
to use our minds of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16)
to remember we are not our own (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
as citizens of heaven (Philippians 3:20)
as His child (1 John 3:1)
as loved (John 16:27)
as a saint who sins (Romans 6:12)
Here is her program and the program that I will be following the rest of the year. (I think it will be neat to look back on the past year and see what I have learned through my prayer time). I hope others out there will be encouraged as well and would love to know what you think about it.
1. Choose your topic/scripture for each week at the beginning of the month and write these in your weekly calendar.
2. During your daily prayer time pay special attention to the topic/scripture that was chosen for that week.
3. At the end of the week, journal how God spoke to you throughout the week through the specific topic/scripture.
Topics:
My children {Colton & baby Whitaker}:
for peace (Exodus 23:20, Philippians 4:7)
to trust (Proverbs 3:5-6)
to know Jesus Christ (3 John 4)
their future (Isaiah 58:11)
their faith (Hebrews 11)
their spouses (Genesis 2:18)
their happiness (Proverbs 15:13, Gen 21:6)
their friends (Proverbs 18:24)
taking correction (Proverbs 29:17)
their minds (Colossians 3:2)
their ears (James 1:19)
their eyes (1 Corinthians 2:9)
their hearts (Psalm 119:11, Jeremiah 24:7)
their hands (1 Chronicles 29:12)
their feet (Joshua 14:9, 22:5)
My husband {Chris}:
his job (Psalm 90:17)
as a provider (Philippians 4:19)
his temptations (James 1:13-15)
his purpose (1 Corinthians 7:17)
his health (Psalm 91:14-16)
as a Daddy (Proverbs 17:6)
his friendships (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)
his attitude (Psalm 100:4)
his relationship with God (Ephesians 4:1-2)
his self-image (2 Corinthians 3:18)
Me:
as a wife (Hebrews 10:24, Proverbs 21:9)
as a Mommy (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Proverbs 31:28)
for rest (Matthew 11:28)
my friendships (Proverbs 17:17)
to take advice when I should (Proverbs 19:20)
as a housewife (Colossians 3:23)
Our Family:
our plans (Proverbs 19:21, Jeremiah 29:11)
for Chris & I as parents: (Deuteronomy 6:5-9, Proverbs 22:6)
our marriage (Ephesians 5:21)
our fears (Psalm 27:1)
as witnesses (Acts 1:8)
to use our minds of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16)
to remember we are not our own (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
as citizens of heaven (Philippians 3:20)
as His child (1 John 3:1)
as loved (John 16:27)
as a saint who sins (Romans 6:12)






0 comments:
Post a Comment