Tuesday, May 31, 2011

God's Amazing Plans for Our Family

Isn’t it amazing how God works in the most remarkable ways? Chris and I have seen this time and time again over the last few years. We know without a doubt that we serve a Mighty and Powerful God who has everything planned perfectly for our life together, yet we still are amazed daily by his miracles and blessings in our life.

Over the past month, God has placed another blessing on our life. We are excited to announce that our family will be moving to the Birmingham area soon. Starting on Father’s Day, Chris will be the new worship leader at Union Hill Baptist Church in Bessemer, AL. We are so excited about where God is leading us and we are looking forward to serving in their church. We however, are sad to say goodbye to some of the most loving people at Gordo First Baptist Church.

The families, women and men at Gordo have welcomed our family with open arms from the first day that we showed up at their church. We have always felt loved and cared for and it’s going to be so hard to tell them goodbye. As I look back over the past 2 years that we have been at Gordo, I start understanding more and more why God lead us there to begin with. When we became members of Gordo, Colton was 1.5 years old and was struggling with his speech and communication. Being a mom, I knew that our little boy was behind in certain areas and I struggled everyday knowing that he was delayed. It was then that the precious ladies of Gordo prayed over me and encouraged me each and every step of the way. They prayed for our precious boy and prayed for our family, time and time again. It’s now that I realize that God sent us to Gordo not only to Glorify and to Worship Him but also so that we would be blessed with Godly men and women who would lift up our little boy in prayer each and every day for us. When I think about these ladies/men who prayed for our family, tears begin to flow down my face because I could never thank them enough for all of their prayers and support. They have meant more than they will ever know to our family and we are forever grateful to have gotten to know each and every one of them over the past 2 years.

To our church family at Gordo:
Chris, Colton and I love each and every one of you so much and we are so blessed that you have stood by us and have prayed and encouraged our family throughout the past 2 years. You have known us throughout what seemed like the darkest moments of our life and you have reminded us that God is faithful to His children. Thank you so much for loving our little boy, for encouraging me and for accepting our family into your church family. We love you all so much and you will forever be remembered in our family. We look forward to keeping in touch with you all and one day visiting you and showing you the miracles of God throughout our little boy. Thank you so much, we love each and every one of you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara! Congratulations! I agree that watching the hand of God work in your life is truly a blessing! I'm exviyed for you and your family. I wish you continued success in all you do, and best wishes with the adoption. We will be praying for your family! I'm excited for y'all!